Alcatraz Night Tour with 1-Day City Bus Tour in San Francisco
At night, Alcatraz prison feels a little bit creepier & perhaps even haunted... but unlike the less personal, only self-guided Day Tour, your small, English only docent-led group at night will learn more history in a less crowded space.
Options include cell entry, short talks, special exhibits, & multiple-stop programs unavailable on the Day Tour.
The prison comes alive as you see escape displays & cells frozen in time – while you listen to prisoner & guard stories, historic details, & sound effects (in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish).
Plus you'll see the best of SF on a 2-hour city loop by open-top bus. The duration can be extended if you choose to hop on and off at various stops. You control the clock.
This combo gets you on the infamous Alcatraz Island, while also showing you many other great city attractions, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Victorian homes, the Palace of Fine Arts, & more. You'll love it!
Round trip Alcatraz Island ferry - at listed start time
Inside-the-prison audio tour in 11 languages - at your own pace
Great views of the city skyline, Golden Gate Bridge, and San Francisco Bay
City bus tour - with flexible departures every day
Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
From$157.50 / person
Select "Book now, Pay later" later during checkout to secure your date and pay shortly before your event
Ferries depart from Pier 33, San Francisco, California, United States
Pier 33, Northern Waterfront, CA, 94111, United States
There is no return, refund or cancellation possible with this product
How long before the event do I need to book?
You can book at any time before the event
Prices from $157.50 / person
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, CA 94133
Discover America’s most infamous prison with a chance to go inside the cells and feel the cold and dark life firsthand.
During the award-winning 45-minute cell house audio headset tour, you will learn of escape attempts, riots, bizarre characters, and much more. Displays include prison life, guard controls, and how Frank Morris and two others made their infamous "Escape From Alcatraz."
Alcatraz is continually one of the most popular tours in the country.
• Video History Presentation: No Charge
• The audio tour includes sound effects, interviews with prisoners and guards, and historic details.
• The Cellhouse Audio Tour is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
• A bookstore with information in many languages
• Permanent exhibit, The Big Lockup: Mass Incarceration in the United States
• Other rotating exhibits
• Visit the prison Recreation Yard, talk with Park Rangers, and walk the Perimeter Trail.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: San Francisco, San Francisco, California
The Bus Tour loops through SF & over the Golden Gate Bridge & back. 2 hours with no hop-off. If you plan to hop on & off, it can take several hours.
• Go over the Golden Gate Bridge and stop at Vista Point for terrific views.
• Other key stops at or near: The Haight/Ashbury district, Victorian homes, Chinatown, North Beach, Union Square, the Financial District, Golden Gate Park, City Hall, the Palace of Fine Arts, Lombard Street, and more.
• Recorded commentary in 10 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Cantonese, or Mandarin Chinese
Disposable headphones are included.
• NO RESERVATIONS NEEDED. Buses run 10 a.m.–5 5pm daily. 6 p.m. in summer.
• Buses run every 20–30 minutes, or more often in the summer.
• Start and finish the tour at any of the hop-on, hop-off bus stops.
• A mobile app is available with live bus arrival times.
• Open-top buses can be chilly! A backpack with extra layers is recommended, including a skull cap!
Duration: 2 hours
Location on map
1: Alcatraz Landing, Pier 33 Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
2: Big Bus Tours San Francisco, 99 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Returns to original departure point
This product benefits from:
Service animals allowed
Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
Transportation is wheelchair accessible
Most travelers can participate
NOTE: The date you choose is the date of your Alcatraz Tour
Redeem voucher at Pier 33 meeting point for round trip Alcatraz ferry
11 language prison audio tour and English-only docent-led group tour are included with your ferry ticket
Alcatraz at night is cold & often windy. Long pants & warm jackets/windbreakers/layers & are strongly recommended. Consider a hat or skull cap as well.
Big Bus Tours redemption center is at 99 Jefferson St., a 12-minute walk from Pier 33, Alcatraz Landing
Big Bus Hop-On-Hop-Off city tour is usable any day - before or after your Alcatraz departure
The open top level in typically cool San Francisco can get chilly! A backpack with extra (wind-breaking) layers is recommended. Including a skull cap!
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
You may also like:
Alcatraz Day Tour and 1-Day City Bus Tou...
These two high quality tours can be done in the same d …
Alcatraz Day Tour and San Francisco Bay ...
These two high-quality, separate-departure tours can b …
Explore similar products across these occasions
Explore similar products across these categories
Get the latest from Evendo
Don't miss out on news and great deals